1997-2005 Audi A6 (4B2 C5) 1.8T 1.9T 2.0 Auto Parts Power Steering Rack & Pinion Assembly OEM 4B1422066K 4B0422066C
About steering rack you should know
1. How does steering rack work
Rack and pinion steering uses a gear-set to convert the circular motion of the steering wheel into the linear motion required to turn the wheels. It also provides a gear reduction, so turning the wheels is easier.
It works by enclosing the rack and pinion gear-set in a metal tube, with each end of the rack sticking out from the tube and connected to an axial rod. The pinion gear is attached to the steering shaft so that when the steering wheel is turned, the gear spins, moving the rack. The axial rod at each end of the rack connects to the tie rod end, which is attached to the spindle.
Most cars need three to four complete turns of the steering wheel to go from lock to lock (from far right to far left). The steering ratio shows you how far to turn the steering wheel for the wheels to turn a certain amount. A higher ratio means you need to turn the steering wheel more to turn the wheels a certain amount and lower ratios give the steering a quicker response.
Some cars use variable ratio steering. This rack and pinion steering system uses a different number of teeth per cm (tooth pitch) in the centre than at the ends. The result is the steering is more sensitive when it is turned towards lock than when it is close to its central position, making the car more maneuverable.
There are two main types of rack and pinion steering systems:
End take off – the tie rods are attached to the end of the steering rack via the inner axial rods.
Centre take off – bolts attach the tie rods to the centre of the steering rack.
2.How does steering rack work with power steering
When a rack and pinion system is connected to a power steering system, the design changes slightly. A cylinder with a piston in the middle is placed in the rack. There is fluid on both sides of the piston. When pressure is placed on the fluid on one side of the piston, it forces the piston to move, which turns the rack and assists with steering.
|steering rack and pinion assy
|Audi A6 (4B2 C5) 1.8 T 1.9T 2.0 1997-2005
|Neutral Bubble bag + Cartons
Common Fault Determination for Steering rack
1. Fault determination of heavy steering
(1), first of all, check whether there is lack of oil, whether the filter element is damaged, whether the pipeline is blocked
(2) when the left and right steering feel is different, should have nothing to do with the pump, first check the steering connecting rod mechanism and steering machine.
(3), the steering process feels uneven power, when heavy and light, first check the steering machine.
(4) Test the output pressure of the steering pump with the help of the pressure detection device.In addition: cold car state at low speed direction is heavy or no rotation, step a few throttle or operation for 2/3 minutes can be eliminated, this is due to the oil viscosity at low temperature is large, the centrifugal force at low speed is small, the rotor blade is not thrown out caused by, is a normal phenomenon.
2. Fault determination of oil leakage
(1) There are old oil stains and no signs of development, which is a normal phenomenon.
(2) It is normal to touch the part with oil without obvious humidity.
(3) Oil leakage at the joint of pump and tubing is usually caused by damage of the sealing ring (pad) of connection loose cargo, tightening or replacing the sealing ring (pad).
(4) If the steering pump leaks oil in other locations and there are signs of development, the steering pump needs to be replaced.
3. Fault determination of abnormal sound of steering system
(1) The sound made when the steering wheel is killed is the sound of the steering pump safety valve opening, which is a normal phenomenon.(Note: Don't beat the steering wheel to one side for more than 10 seconds.)
(2) Air leakage in the pipeline of the steering system (there are bubbles in the oil can at this time) and lack of oil will also cause abnormal sound of the steering pump.
(3) in winter, there is abnormal sound in a short time after the cold car starts, and it disappears after the hot car, which is a normal phenomenon.
(4) abnormal sound does not change with the rotation of the steering wheel, which is generally not a problem with the steering pump.
(5) When the steering is abnormal in one direction or a certain position, it is necessary to focus on checking the steering connecting rod mechanism and steering machine.
Hot Sale Recommend
Car Make We Trade
Our company's main Korean/ Japanese/ American /European auto parts have suspension parts, chassis parts, steering parts, brake parts, engine parts,clutch parts, electronic parts, transmission parts,car body parts, modeified parts Truck parts. Your are welcome to Inquiry
1 OEM quality standard guarantee
2 Competitive factory price
3 Sample order is avaliable
4. Packing according to specification requirred
5 Flexible and convenient logistic service
6 Professional team with excellet after-sales sevice
7 20 years trading experience
8. Positive feedback from abroad and domestic customer
9. We will reply you for your inquiry in 24 hours.
10. after sending, we will track the products for you once every two days, until you get the products. When you got the goods, test them, and give me a feedback.If you have any questions about the problem, contact with us, we will offer
the solve way for you.
1. Main Markets?
80% of our products are exported to European and the whole America
2.Main Car Models
Japanese and Korean cars, American cars, European cars
3.Our Main Strength
Wire range of auto parts. Help you save time finding suppliers.
4.What services can we provide?
Accepted Delivery Terms: EXW, FOB, CFR, CIF, DDU
Accepted payment currency: USD;CNY,EUR ,HKD
Accepted transportation way: by sea, by air, by express, by train;
Language Spoken: Engligh, Chinese, Spanish
Re: yes we welcome you to visit our factory anytime, Also sample we offer free sample,pls contact us for more details.
Please Add my Wechat to get more information and competitive prices!