2011-2018 2.0 TDI Audi A6 LHD Auto Parts Electronic Steering Rack Assembly 4G0909144 4G0909144J
Audi A6 Power steering rack
4G0909144 4G0909144J Electronic Power steering rack
LHDAudi A6 Car power steering rack
Auto Parts 2011-2018 Audi A6 steering gear
||steering rack and pinion
||Audi A6 (4G2 4GC C7) 2.0 TDI 2011-2018
||Neutral Bubble bag + Cartons
How does steering rack work with power steering
When a rack and pinion system is connected to a power steering system, the design changes slightly. A cylinder with a piston in the middle is placed in the rack. There is fluid on both sides of the piston. When pressure is placed on the fluid on one side of the piston, it forces the piston to move, which turns the rack and assists with steering.
Common Fault Determination for Steering rack
1. Fault determination of heavy steering
(1), first of all, check whether there is lack of oil, whether the filter element is damaged, whether the pipeline is blocked
(2) when the left and right steering feel is different, should have nothing to do with the pump, first check the steering connecting rod mechanism and steering machine.
(3), the steering process feels uneven power, when heavy and light, first check the steering machine.
(4) Test the output pressure of the steering pump with the help of the pressure detection device.In addition: cold car state at low speed direction is heavy or no rotation, step a few throttle or operation for 2/3 minutes can be eliminated, this is due to the oil viscosity at low temperature is large, the centrifugal force at low speed is small, the rotor blade is not thrown out caused by, is a normal phenomenon.
2. Fault determination of oil leakage
(1) There are old oil stains and no signs of development, which is a normal phenomenon.
(2) It is normal to touch the part with oil without obvious humidity.
(3) Oil leakage at the joint of pump and tubing is usually caused by damage of the sealing ring (pad) of connection loose cargo, tightening or replacing the sealing ring (pad).
(4) If the steering pump leaks oil in other locations and there are signs of development, the steering pump needs to be replaced.
3. Fault determination of abnormal sound of steering system
(1) The sound made when the steering wheel is killed is the sound of the steering pump safety valve opening, which is a normal phenomenon.(Note: Don't beat the steering wheel to one side for more than 10 seconds.)
(2) Air leakage in the pipeline of the steering system (there are bubbles in the oil can at this time) and lack of oil will also cause abnormal sound of the steering pump.
(3) in winter, there is abnormal sound in a short time after the cold car starts, and it disappears after the hot car, which is a normal phenomenon.
(4) abnormal sound does not change with the rotation of the steering wheel, which is generally not a problem with the steering pump.
(5) When the steering is abnormal in one direction or a certain position, it is necessary to focus on checking the steering connecting rod mechanism and steering machine.
Common steering rack problems
-1 .Very tight steering wheel
If it is becoming more difficult to turn your steering wheel, it’s a sign that there’s probably a problem either with your steering rack or a lack of pressure from the power steering unit. The solution could be as simple as adding more power steering fluid, but it’s best to get it checked.
-2.Leaking power steering fluid
Power steering fluid levels only decrease and result in tight steering if there is a leak. This isn’t a big problem, however the consequences for leaving it too long include causing the steering gearbox and steering rack to overheat or gears to break. It is recommended to get this fixed when it is a simple (and cheap) task. Click here for more information about the causes of these leaks
-3.Grinding noise when steering
A grinding noise from your steering gearbox comes from metal-on-metal contact, suggesting a lack of lubrication. You’ll be able to hear it clearly when you turn either left or right. Ask your mechanic to take a look at the problem, as your steering gearbox could need replacing.
-4.Burning oil smell
Power steering fluid smells like burning oil, so if you smell it when driving it’s a sign that the steering gearbox is too hot. It’s best to stop your car as soon as possible and get the problem looked at it. Driving with an overheated steering gearbox can result in fire
Our company's main Korean/ Japanese/ American /European auto parts have suspension parts, chassis parts, steering parts, brake parts, engine parts,clutch parts, electronic parts, transmission parts,car body parts, modeified parts Truck parts. Your are welcome to Inquiry
Car Make We Trade
1.Professional manufacturer for a wide variety Auto parts.
for Exmple, brake pad, brake disc, brake master cylinder,clutch disc,clutch master cylinder, steering rack, steering pump, shock absorber ,fuel pump assembly,fuel filter, sensor, ignition coil,spark plug,Fuel injector and water temperature ect.
2. Factory price& Genuine quality
3. Accepting OEM customized order
4. Trial orders are available
5. Most of products are in stock
6. Sample could be supplied 1-7 days
7. Prompt reply when we get your inquiry
8. Perfect aftersale service
9. Fast delivery
1. Main Markets?
80% of our products are exported to European and the whole America
2.Main Car Models
Japanese and Korean cars, American cars, European cars
3.Our Main Strength
Wire range of auto parts. Help you save time finding suppliers.
4.What services can we provide?
Accepted Delivery Terms: EXW, FOB, CFR, CIF, DDU
Accepted payment currency: USD;CNY,EUR ,HKD
Accepted transportation way: by sea, by air, by express, by train;
Language Spoken: Engligh, Chinese, Spanish
Welcome your inquiry for more details and better price or Via my WeChat or WhatsApp for communication
Name: Winnie Chen